maandag 12 augustus 2013

Rufford Old Hall

This is Rufford Old Hall, built in about 1530 for the Hesketh family and until 1936 was owned continuously by them. It is now a National Trust property. The black and white timbered Great Hall is the only part which survives from that time - other parts were added in the 17th century. It is about 5 miles from Ormskirk, West Lancashire.
The gardens have an excellent collection of rhododendrons and also some topiary.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen